Thursday, May 29, 2008

So was I supposed to post yesterday?? Hah, oops. I suppose I'm not very good at keeping my word. Apologies.

Work is going very well. I've never worked so much before, and it's very exhausting. Life at home consists of food, books and sleep. I miss working at night, but it's really nice to get home and have stuff to do besides sleep. My day off on Wednesday brought a ridiculous amount of fiendish glee with the knowledge that I could sleep past 7 AM. Also that I wouldn't have to deal with any obnoxious people.

We're watching A New Hope right now, and Luke is looking dramatically into the red sunset. His hair is slightly too long in this movie for my taste, but then it gets way too short in the next one.

I've read a few more chapters of Emma. I think I've decided that it's the character Emma that I don't like, and not the book in general. She's manipulative and vain, and intent on fixing everyone's lives to suit her, which guarantees that it will not suit them.

Yay for Obi-Wan! I guess he's Ben now. This is the first movie I saw Alec Guinness in, and even though I didn't know he was such a great actor, his experience sort of translated onto the screen. It's possible that Ben/Obi-Wan is my favorite character. I love that we see the young and old character.

Ok, my computer has to install an update, so I must say goodbye. I will set a date for my next post, or otherwise I will take much longer than I ought. Until Friday!

No comments: