Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lazy Sundays

Well, I promised that I would write about church and finals. Sadly, all I have to write about church is that I did not go this morning. I've been to two churches consistently this year, and both of them have fundamental aspects that I am not happy with. One I feel is just a place for a social gathering. The second one is too denominationally exclusive. The sermons are filled with stuff that I see no point in talking about. Everyone there already agrees with it, so it's like we're congratulating ourselves for being correct. That is absolutely not the purpose of a church.

I know I sound incredibly picky and critical, but the people who are guiding me in my relationship with Christ can't be too carefully chosen, right? I really wish I could just (dork moment) apparate home every Sunday to my home, the place where I'm comfortable. Then again, I know that if I always stay in my comfort zone, I'll never grow.

Anyways, the long and short of the story is, I woke up somewhat late this morning, and I just couldn't bring myself to rush to get ready for a church service that I knew would leave me unfulfilled. So I didn't go.

Moving on, I was productive yesterday, and apparently that sent a subconscious signal to my brain that I didn't need to get anything done today. Which is not true. I've got my Faith Journey Narrative for Created and Called, which is actually somewhat fun to write, but once my mind gets out of the mood to write, it's hard to start again. I also need to write an analysis paper for Women and Gender, and work on a Jonah Bible study for my Bible class.

Finals will be tough, I think. I've got a ten page paper for Women and Gender, which, again, won't be so hard once I get started writing. I've also got a Religion and Science paper due next Monday and my World Civ final.

Wow, sorry, Internet. I didn't mean for you to become my homework planner. Haha, the term 'homework planner' brings to mind Hermione and "Do it today or tomorrow you'll pay!" I love Hermione. I pride myself a little on the resemblance between her and I. (Is it 'her and I' coincidentally? Or 'her and me'?)

Anyways, I need to get cracking on my FJN (it takes too long to type it all out), so I will see youuuuu....tomorrow? I'll tell you how my FJN went.

Until then!

Edit: Jackie assures me that it is indeed 'her and me,' so let above text stand corrected. :)

No comments: