Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An Official Update

Hello, Internet!

I know that I have neglected you the past few days, and I sincerely apologize. I had to pack, study, take all my finals, drive home, and then unpack it all again! It's been extremely busy.

So anyways, I am home, and I am enjoying it so far. I have been very productive (cleaning my room, unpacking, etc.), but there's a thought in the back of my mind that says I can't be this good forever. It's very possible that this necessity to be busy is from being in a new place. I'm sure it will die off eventually, and I will go back to being my wonderful, procrastinating self.

We went to Chick-Fil-A for an early dinner tonight, and I talked to my old manager, Robert. Rachel and I will be working together this summer! I'll probably start work in a week or so. I want to start as early as I can so I don't get lazy and then have to...get unlazy all over again. I really need to work a lot because I'm planning on going to Florida to visit Jackie and I think I will end up having to pay for it all (meaning my parents won't be contributing). That's fine though, because it will only end up being one or two paychecks out of I don't know how many, and that's the only big thing I have this summer.

I just checked online to see if my grades were posted. It is one of the many times I will do that, to be sure. I think the deadline for professors is next week, and I'm sure they will take as long as possible, with the evil intentions of keeping all the students in suspense.

I'm wondering what church tonight will be like. I think all my class is home, at least the ones who go to DBC, and it'll be interesting to see how things are. This is something we talked a lot about at school. How we're all completely different people than we were in the fall, and how people at home might not understand that, and how we had to be careful not to give in to pressure to fall into old habits. Not that those habits were necessarily bad (although some of mine were), it's just that that's not who I am now, and I don't particularly want to go back. You know what I mean. When you haven't been around someone in a long time, it's very natural to behave the way you always did around them. I know this will sound terribly arrogant and snobbish and pompous, but I can't help it. I've figured out who I am at school, but I haven't figured out how that translates to home yet. Urgh, this is frustrating. Please tell me you understand!

Ok, well, I haven't quite figured out (once again) what I'm going to talk about here during the summer, because, as you may or may not know, Internet, I have no life! I don't want to bore you with a whole lot of nothing (Quote, anyone?).

So, I will next post...Friday night. I am driving my grandma down to North Carolina that day, and tomorrow I have an interview for a job in Philadelphia in the fall, so I will have plenty to talk about. And! I have been remiss in keeping you updated on the latest encouragement of the nerd/dork part of my personality. Prince Caspian premieres on Friday!! Sadly, I will not be at the midnight premiere, but I plan to see it as soon as I can find someone to go with me. Although I will go even if no one does. Because I'm cool like that.

I digress. Until Friday!

No comments: