Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hello!

I just have time for a quick post before my 2 o'clock class. I slept in this morning (shame on me, I know), so then I had to rush to finish an assignment. These library keyboards tend to stick, so forgive me if something is misspelled and I don't correct it.

I had the pre-orientation meeting for Philadelphia last night, and I am even more excited about it than I was before. We will be living in five refurbished 19th century townhouses on Broad Street. The hallways are narrow and every room is unique. I have wanted to live in a row house like this ever since reading about Digory and Polly exploring in the attic of his row house in The Magician's Nephew. I am so excited! I spoke to my mom after the meeting, and we were both wondering if I would like living there better than the main campus. I think I will. I can spend as many semesters there as I want, except the history courses are very limited there, so at the most, I could spend two semesters. Next fall, and maybe next spring. We'll see. It's entirely possible that I will hate the anonymity, but I seriously doubt it. Even if I can't spend more than one semester there, I definitely want to pursue a career in the city, so I will get there eventually.

I have class tonight, and then lots of homework preparing for the weekend, so I will try and post again on Saturday. I have lots to do preparing for finals week.

Until then!

No comments: