Friday, May 23, 2008

Ten days of lazy busyness

I would just like you to know that I have been planning this entry for about four days, and I certainly did not intend that it should be ten days until my next post. So don't be angry. In fact, you should be very grateful. I worked at CFA from 8 to 4 today, and right now I am laying on my back, with my head propped up and my feet and knees throbbing. It's a little odd typing with my laptop on my stomach, but that's how much you mean to me, Internet.

It was a good day at work today, despite the throbbing. I made friends with the breakfast shift, and the owner (!) of the store told me I was doing a good job during the lunch rush. I'm working again tomorrow from 8 to 1 (do I get a break? that is...5 hours, so yes) because they needed help for breakfast. It'll be good to work again - meaning it'll be good to have money again.

In other news, I am to be a Resident Advisor come fall! Very official sounding? No, I know it's no big deal, but I'm glad I got the job. Hopefully it won't be too time consuming so I can get another work study. Although I do want to enjoy myself in Philadelphia.

In other OTHER news, my padre is returning from the Middle East after a five month deployment. Huzzah! Of course I am super excited. His flight is landing some time tonight, the time is varying, and we have to go pick him up in Norfolk.My mom has been saying that after he gets back, her response to every question will be "Go ask your father." I really don't think she's joking on that one.

Ok, I am going to say goodbye, because I have to shower at some point before we leave for the airport. I'm also hungry. I will post on Sunday. Maybe I will have some literary thoughts for you!

Until then!

No comments: