Sunday, April 27, 2008

Summer Plans

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to balance a job (which I don't have yet), a mission trip to El Salvador, a visit to Florida with my friend Jackie (hi!), and any family stuff that my parents have yet to plan. It's been such a busy year for us. My first year of college, my mom has had an absolutely horrible year teaching kindergarten, which is not a nice thing to say about four year olds, but it's true. Also, my dad has spent January through May (he's still there) in Bahrain for the Air Force. The earliest he can get back is the week after I'm done, and we can't really do any vacation planning until we know when he'll be back. Sigh I have such a hard life. Please note the sarcastic tone.

I also am dreading a particular class tomorrow. There is a guest professor in my Women and Gender in History, and I've met her a couple times, and we do not exactly mesh. She'll be there on Wednesday too! It's just that I disagree with her on a principle (feminism) that she has based her whole career on, so we certainly weren't meant to be. I still have reading to do for that class too...

Ah well! Tomorrow promises to be fairly busy, so I'll check back in on Tuesday and let you know how the class went.

Until then!

No comments: