Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's a Good Day

Hello again!

I have to admit that I did have time to post yesterday, but I didn't. I ended up only getting four hours of sleep Sunday night, due to a multitude of circumstances, and I didn't really feel like doing anything coherent on Monday. I'm still catching up, but it has been an altogether good day.

Is it strange that I can relate everything to history? In my Religion and Science in Early America class (which is actually history), we talked about Thomas Jefferson, a fascinating leader who paradoxically was an abolitionist who owned slaves. (Did I impress you when I said "paradoxically"?) Then in Encountering the Bible, standard Messiah class, we talked about the historicity of the book of Jonah, and if the historical accuracy of the story affected the truth and the meaning of it. I am inclined to say no, but I still think that Jonah happened. I felt a lot more secure in that class today than I usually do, presumably because we were talking in historical terms, and that's the whole focus of college for me. It felt good to be able to hold my own in a discussion. I tend to be the conservative voice in that class, and it's not always well received, but today it was clear I knew what I was talking about. Yay!

Okay, enough bragging. Not that I think I am expert in any way. But of course you understand.

On perhaps another feel good note, I am listening to the Les Miserables cast recording. Currently "At the End of the Day." Poor Fantine. And yes, Internet, I am disgracing myself by singing along enthusiastically.

And I haven't typed anything for the past five minutes because I've been singing along. I'll save you the effort and say it myself. Dork.

No comments: