Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life Goes On

How do you do? For some reason I'm thinking My Fair Lady right now. No clue why.

Ok, so the last entry was pretty intense, but it's ok. I just needed to get all that out.

So what's been going through my mind since then? I tell you, my life is boring. Work and sleep, basically. I'm settling in on day shift at CFA, which was a little awkward at first, but it's good now. I am also getting into Emma, and I am very glad things are turning out this way. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't like something Jane Austen wrote. As an English major, I might have had to shoot myself. Also as an English major, I ought to be ashamed that I haven't read every word Austen ever wrote by now. (That's why I have my summer reading shelf.) Is that what I should use this blog for? Should I post my thoughts after my reading of books? I usually read on my break, so I guess I could think about it for the rest of work and then post when I get home. Perhaps.

Have I complained about the weather on here yet? I hope not for your sake, because you're about to hear it again. IT IS FREAKING HOT. 90s - 100s every day, into the evenings. Also, our air conditioning works, but not quite properly, because it is now...(I am checking the thermostat)...81 degrees inside the house. 81 degrees!! And I don't think it's going to be fixed anytime soon, because apparently lots of people are having issues with the heat, and the AC man is booked.

Another question: have I mentioned that it is my goal to teach myself French? Depending on school stuff, I will have to be able to at least read it and German, but I don't have the money or the time to take classes. So Rosetta Stone is my friend this summer. We just bought it on eBay, and I am impatient for it to arrive. I miss school, and my nerd-self needs an outlet besides reading.

I have more to say to you, Internet, but I will save it for another day. What would happen if I ran out of things to say? No, better to say too little than too much. Now I am going to bed before midnight, which is unheard of, especially since I get to sleep in tomorrow. Hurray for days off!

No comments: