Thursday, February 19, 2009

Decode my thoughts!

I'm really not sure what is going on in my life right now. Nor do I know what my life is going to look like tomorrow or next week, much less this summer. I think God is trying to teach me a real lesson in trust right now. The question is whether I will let him. I try to consistently and consciously spend time with him, but it's really hard, especially now that I'm getting up around 7 AM most days. But at the same time, I feel blessed, because it's always on my mind, and I know that that is God poking me in the ribs (where I am not ticklish, btw), trying to get my attention.

In other news, or maybe it's the same news from a different perspective, my impression of my classes are now completely different than what I expected them to be. I really, really enjoy Contemporary American Poetry, particularly the professor Matt Roth. He has been so helpful and understanding to me while I try to figure out whether I really want to take this class or not. Urban History is ok - the verdict still may be out on this one. Dr. LaGrand is a definite plus, but the material is not as interesting as I thought it would be, and it is definitely lacking in the pure history that I miss from my days as a single major.

Now for English Studies. Oh, what a joy. Not. So this is definitely one of those places God is using to teach me a lesson in humility and respect for those in authority. I think there is probably a personality disconnect between me and the professor. Also, I absolutely despise the feeling that I'm starting college all over again. It sucks. (As a side note, does anyone know of a satisfying alternative for that word? I really shouldn't use it, but it's so convenient!)

Advanced Writing is very challenging, but only if I let it be that way. Haha, I love being cryptic. What I mean is if you yourself don't drive the course, you won't get anything out of it. Because it is all about improving your own writing, what you learn is very ambiguous in a sense. It's a constant challenge. Still adore the prof, though :)

So, I wish I had more to say after my 10 day absence, but I really don't know anything at this point. It's very disorienting. I guess I'm just really sort of rediscovering the possibilities.

Wow. Cryptic!

No comments: