Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Philadelphia

Here's the thing. I miss Philly tons. I miss the noise, I miss the streets, I miss the vastness and I miss the people. I belonged there*, and already it feels like last semester was a lifetime ago. The living situation provided a balance between public and private that cannot be replicated. We were just in a great community there, and I miss it.

Surprise sort of grabbed me when Ryan (the RD) emailed me about a job during May-term. The family's got a vacation planned almost exactly during that timeframe, so I obviously can't go, but I am sooo tempted. Seriously, my parents are taking me to Yosemite (!) and I would rather go to the city and work. I still may get to spend the summer in the city (work-study please?), but just the opportunity to go do my old job with friends made me realize exactly how much I miss the place.

*Not that I feel I don't belong in Grantham - Messiah's awesome :)

No comments: