Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trials and Tribulations

Well, it's been quite a while since I tried to articulate my thoughts, simply because there are so many of them and it's so hard to think them!

Despite getting delayed by an unnamed (because I can't spell it) volcano, I made it back to the States, luggage intact. I'm really missing Oxford, and my friends there, but I am enjoying being home too. It's so hard to explain what it feels like to stay in one place for a short time like three months, but develop a real life there, and then return to something so normal as home. It's wonderful to be home, but it feels almost like going backwards.

I started my internship at Lee Hall Mansion on Monday, and soon I will be giving tours on my own! I know I will enjoy this - just hearing about organizing the archives and polishing 19th century silver gets me excited! Plus I am helping with the middle school youth group this summer. I have to admit, the first night, I was terrified. Middle school for me was...awkward, to say the least, and going back there something I plan never to do. So, you can understand why willingly walking into a room full of people just barely (and sometimes not) shorter than me would be nerve wracking. But turns out they're normal people too!

I wanted to talk more about the last few days in Oxford, but that will keep until next time!

No comments: