Friday, December 5, 2008

Dangerous Things

Hello!

So I put my life in danger tonight for the sake of my friends.










Meaning I went ice skating so I could hang out with my friends. Exact same thing, really. But honestly, my knee is sore from my one fall. This guy attacked me. But don't worry, I made sure he fell too :/

I had a good bit of fun today. After class, I got a sandwich and read Fellowship of the Ring for a little bit. Frodo had just woken up in Rivendell, and he has now just met Bilbo again. I wanted to keep reading, but I needed sleep. Also, I skipped dinner for more sleep.

We (friends, etc.) then proceeded to the Franklin Institute, where we saw Narnia: The Exhibition. Truly, it was fun, but no revelations to be had. I would have been happier if the C.S. Lewis part was extended much more. But no worries, I will see the real thing in a little more than a year!

Ice skating came directly after Narnia, where I was dragged around the rink with friends on either side. I'm sure they thought I was pathetic in my terror, but they hid it well. Thanks guys!

Another dangerous thing I've been thinking about is committing my heart without trusting God for the results. I've got to keep telling myself that no matter what I would choose for myself and my future, God has something so much better for me. It's a cycle I recognize well now. I get excited about the possiblities and let myself dream, and then one thing doesn't go the way I want it to, and I'm thrown into despair and disappointment. I don't mean that I shouldn't dream, because I think that that capability is one of the best that humans have. It's just that sometimes we dream for things that might not be best for us, even if, at the time, it seems like that and that alone would make us happy beyond belief.

Umm, that's all for now I guess. I'll have a lot of time on my hands next week as classes are wrapping up. Let's see how well I can finish out this semester :)

No comments: