Thursday, September 4, 2008

Don't Get Too Excited

I don't want you to get used to this post every other day now. I'm still waiting for classes to get rolling, and I find myself watching lots of youtube.

I guess I've realized what an idiot I can be sometimes. I was so excited about living in Philly (still am, trust me), and I was making all of these plans (again, still am), that I was a little taken aback when I felt homesick for Messiah. I miss my friends most of all. Also, the tiny (HUGE) part of me that is a dork misses my professors. I had worked out their quirks and I understood their senses of humor. Then I got an email today from the lady who works out internships in Philly reminding me to pray about next semester, because I had told her I definitely wanted to stay in Philly. It was sad how surprised I was at that. "Wait, pray? Oh yeah, there's that whole thing about asking God what he wants me to do. Oops." So today I just got a tap on the shoulder, reminding me that actually, my life isn't all about me (surprising, isn't it?).

Anyways, the thing about the beginning of school is that it's boring. First you have to go through all the syllabi, and then, especially if it's a gen-ed history class, you have to get past all the introductory stuff, which is double boring, especially for majors. Plus, right off the bat, one class today was cancelled and one tomorrow is too, so I have a whole three classes in two days.

I know, I know, two days ago I was whining about how crazy things were, and how I couldn't wait for things to slow down, but can't I change my mind? Besides, subconsciously, I think I was longing for a different kind of crazy, not a lack of it altogether. I'm sure in a month when I have three papers and a midterm all due on the same day I will retract that statement. But for now it's how I feel. Also, I'm on call this weekend, which means I can't leave campus = more boredom. Huzzah.

So as not to leave on such a whiny note (at least I'm admitting I'm a brat), I just bought Beyonce's Irreplaceable on iTunes! I love that song for some reason I haven't actually thought about yet.

No comments: