Monday, December 22, 2008

Life Thus Far

Iiiiiiiiiiii should talk about what I'm doing. I haven't written a decent post in a while. And I bugged my friend Dave into updating, so if I don't, I would be a hypocrite.

And this last sentence has been sitting for the past...hour maybe? I'm so completely unmotivated.

As a side note: The line "Run, August, run!" is horrible. What were they thinking??

Sooo, last week was finals. I took my roommate to the bus station last Monday so she could fly home to Vietanam for break. She made it home fine, of course, and now she gets to enjoy her family for the first time in a year and a half! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much all spent on planning and writing my final paper for 19th c. American Fiction. It involved minimal sleep. Also the final from hell, Medieval Literature, was on Wednesday. Thursday there were no finals, so there was much sleep involved, but I woke up feeling rather odd. I managed to delay studying for my two relatively straight forward history finals until 4ish, but by that time I was shivering, and clearly had the flu or something similar. I crawled into bed and did the obvious: called my mom. Friends got medicine and various necessities (Sprite, thank you Jon!) throughout the night, and I did study for several hours. My professors didn't offer me any alternative because their deadlines were Monday, so they really couldn't postpone the exam. I went to bed around 2, planning to get up at 6:30 to study some more...



...and woke up at 2:30...pm.

So the whole two finals thing didn't really happen. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. Fortunately, I have a very generous professor who knew that I was sick and, when I didn't show up for the final, emailed me saying that he would give me my average for the semester, a B. Wooo! My other professor agreed to do the same thing after a little begging.

So yeah, several hours of major stress. But really, how could I help it? I slept for 12 1/2 hours through two alarms and three phone calls. Clearly, I was ill.

Enough with that. It makes me cringe to think about my grade point average. I just have to put it out of my head, and determine to have no life for the next two semesters to make up for it.

So. Now that I'm done with that whole topic, I would like to describe my experience at The Eight: Reindeer Monologues, the show I saw with the Philly Res Life staff on Friday night, but, after all, it is break, and my brain is fried. I will have to continue this tomorrow. Hold me to that promise, because The Eight was a great show (I think). Good night!

No comments: