Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tiredness

I had such a great idea for a blog yesterday in class, and I knew I should have written it down right then or I would forget it. Guess what happened?

I actually didn't forget it, but the inspiration is gone. Completely. Meaning the entry is slightly depressing and I wasn't so exhausted yesterday that it would depress me even more to write it, but that state of exhaustion is today the case. Late late nights studying. I think last night I just lay down when I was tired for 20 minutes to an hour, and then got up and started working again. In the end, though, I finished my paper in time to take a shower (yay for hot showers!) and rush to class.

Which brings me to my blog idea. I will attempt to do it justice. Today was the last day of classes, so now I study and write for finals, which start on Tuesday next week. Normally the end of the semester is a relief, because it means I get a break from the constant onslaught of academics and essays and just thinking. There is always sort of nostalgia that accompanies it, just because each class represents a mental journey that you took through the semester, but it's not too bad because (at my small school at least) I know I will see the professors and classmates again. Now that I'm going back to Grantham, the last day of class here at Temple really is the last day of class. The professors I've grown attached to or would like to take more classes with will not be at Messiah, and the guy I buy my lunch from every day is staying in Philadelphia.

This is such a military cliche, but I never thought I would intentionally and willingly move once I was out of my dad's house. That is in effect what I am doing. I could stay in the city if I wanted to, but I'm not. I am intentionally severing relationships in order to pursue opportunities in a different location. Of course, there are people I've met in Philly that are continuing to Grantham with me, and that's awesome. It would be even worse if everyone was staying here and I had to leave. But they're not, so it's ok.

Also I'm tired now, so this entry is over. Bye!

No comments: